In the spirit of having a happy, stress free holiday here are a few other DIY ways to dress up a gift card that shouldn't take more than 10 minutes.
1. This first gift card envelope can literally be made in the car on your way to a party. Paper Mojo's little envelopes require no tape or glue or staplers or... just a pretty piece of paper and this tutorial.
2. Lemon Jitters shares a free template and tutorial showing us how to make these sweet gift card holders from paper or embossed paper. I love these because they remind me of hotel key wrapper.
3. This simple money holder from Studio DIY is secure enough to hold a few dollars of cash, arguably the best gift :) .
4. From the venerable Martha Stewart: turn your gift cards into ornaments. This looks like a quick craft that would be great to dress up a bunch of cards for mass giving.
5. And of course, a sewn card holder from Making The World Cuter. With exposed pinked seams these should work up in just a few minutes; and are sturdy enough to be used as a business card holder or even --gasp-- regifted!
I hope everyone has a wonderful, relaxing pre-Christmas weekend, away from the craft room, and out with your family.