I'm a bad mommy. I just can't get excited about Halloween costumes this year. My excuses are as follows:
- My kids just don't get that excited about Halloween yet
- They refuse to wear an itchy or scratchy costume (or even one that looks like it could be itchy)
- It will be cold out
- They'll look cute in anything
|Oh, who am I kidding... I've been phoning it in from the beginning!|
- Road Trip Costume by Disney's Spoonful. Such a comfortable costume-- and my son loves cars.
- Homemade by Jill's baby Aerobics Instructor. This is super adorable, and I probably have everything on hand-- including an old boombox to take the place of that super cute felt one she made.
|from Real Simple|
- Both kids would love these superhero costumes from Real Simple. You could even use solid colored footed pajamas-- and I've seen funky duct tape at Walmart.
- Hoodie Costumes from Martha Stewart. There's even a frog and princess!
- Finally, I just love this Charlie Brown costume from Not Enough Hours in the Day. I'd definitely find the motivation to make my daughter a matching Lucy dress.
Some of these costumes are a few years old-- but I just love the simplicity of them. You can tell I love those sweatshirt costumes! (We used them last year too.)
I feel my motivation rising just by writing this post! How are you feeling about Halloween this year?