Materials:1 skein bulky weight yarn
Size 8 needles, or size needed to obtain guage
Yarn needle for finishing/weaving in ends
Gauge:8 stitches = 2 inches
8 rows = 2 inches
- Cast on 40 stitches
- Rolled Brim Option: Knit every stitch for 5 rows.
- Ribbed Brim Option: Work in knit 2 purl 2 ribbing for 5 rows.
- Rows 5-35: Knit every stitch!
- Once you've finished 35 rows, use a 3 needle bind off to close the top of the hat with right sides together. Weave in ends and turn right side out. You are finished!
Finishing:I used a crochet hook to chain 10 at each corner and added tassels to the end of those chains. These would look great plain or with pom poms as well.
This post is part of our Newborn Hatstravagnaza Series! Check out the other posts in the series:
- The Perfect Pom Pom Tutorial
- Yarn Dyeing... With A Toddler Tutorial
- The Bubble Gum Hat-- Free Pattern!!!
- The Pixie Stix Hat-- Free Pattern!!!
- The Bliss Hat-- Free Pattern!!!
- The Everything Hat--Free Pattern!!!
I'll see you back here tomorrow for the rest of the Newborn Hatstravaganza series! To make sure you don't miss a thing-- consider Subscribing (using RSS), Signing up for Emails, or Following using Blogger.