This is an extremely simple pattern and is great for a first crochet project. Since this pattern is aimed at beginners, the pattern is written out in plain English-- no confusing abbreviations!
Let's get started! To make this hat, you'll need to know how to make a crochet chain, half double crochet stitch and how to decrease.
Materials:1 skein bulky weight yarn
size J hook
Yarn needle for finishing
Gauge:10 stitches = 3 inches
7 rows = 3 inches
I wish I had a few pictures of the hat on an actual baby, but Pooh will have to substitute.
Newborn Hatstravagnaza Series! Check out the other posts in the series:
- The Perfect Pom Pom Tutorial
- Yarn Dyeing... With A Toddler Tutorial
- The Bubble Gum Hat-- Free Pattern!!!
- The Pixie Stix Hat-- Free Pattern!!!
- The Bliss Hat-- Free Pattern!!!
- The Everything Hat--Free Pattern!!!
I hope you'll join us for the rest of the Newborn Hatstravaganza series! To make sure you don't miss a thing-- consider Subscribing (using RSS), Signing up for Emails, or Following using Blogger.